Volume 17 No. 1 (2017)
FOREWORD: Ruth Oniang'o
EDITORIAL: Ruth Oniang'o
Will the G7 deliver on their promise to commit resources to end world hunger by 2030?
From the first World Food Conference in 1974, no resolutions or pledges have ever been fulfilled. So, what guarantees are there that this one will be?
GREAT NEWS as AJFAND gets into SCOPUS: Njeri Karanu
Commentary: Richard Douglass
An adaptive household sampling method for rural african communities
Peer Reviewed Articles
-  An adaptive household sampling method for rural African communities.
Rebecca Awuah et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16680
-  Nutritional status and food consumption patterns of primary school children in orange farm.
Tshinakaho Nyathela and Wilna Oldewage-Theron DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.12155
-  Microbiological quality and safety of raw and pasteurized milk marketed in and around Nairobi region.
George Wanjala et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.15320
-  Nutritional, pasting and sensory properties of a weaning food from rice (Oryza sativa), soybeans (Glycine max) and kent mango (Mangifera indica) flour blends.
Ruth Pobee et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16155
-  Disponibilite, modes et frequence de consommation des legumes traditionnels Africains dans quatre localites du Burkina Faso a diverses activites de maraichage: Ouagadougou, Koubri, Loumbila, Kongoussi.
Fatoumata Hama-Ba et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.15960
-  Charting the cost of nutritionally-adequate diets in Uganda, 2000-2011.
Gerald Shively and George Omiat DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16340
-  Nutritional and health challenges of pastoralist populations in Kenya.
Francis Wayua DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16810
-  Tackling community undernutrition at lake Bogoria, Kenya: The potential of spirulina (Arthrospira fusiformis) as a food supplement.
Charles Yin et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.15440
-  Design of a HACCP plan for indigenous chicken slaughter house in Kenya.
Ben Oloo et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16765
-  Nutrition knowledge and food consumption practices and barriers in rural Ghana: The case of foods for preventing vitamin A and iron deficiencies.
Rose Omari et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.15815
-  Effect of fish farming on household food security in western Kenya.
Gordon Nguka et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.15965
-  Sustainable agriculture: Developing a common understanding for modernization of agriculture in Africa.
Vitalis Ogemah DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16560
-  Smallholder goat farmers’ market participation in Choma District, Zambia.
Henry Chipasha et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16175
-  Socio-economic status, knowledge, awareness and attitudes of the Swahili community in relation to dietary habits, obesity and lifestyle diseases.
Faith Ndungi et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16335
-  Complex agricultural livelihoods and aflatoxin exposure in rural Uganda.
Dorice Agol et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16065
-  Aflatoxin variations in maize flour and grains collected from various regions of Kenya.
Nicholas Nduti et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16875
-  Quality assessment of butter produced using traditional and mechanized churning methods.
William Kisaalita et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16530
-  Ghee-making in the cattle corridor of Uganda.
William Kisaalita et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16000
-  Promoting production and marketing of root crops in southern Africa in a changing climate using integrated agricultural research for development (iar4d) pathway.
Kefasi Nyikahadzoi et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.13765
-  Knowledge and practices of food hygiene and safety among camel milk handlers in the pastoral camel value chain in Kenya.
Nicanor Obiero et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.16885
-  Production of good quality wine from single and mixture of fruit peels.
Joseph Balamaze and J Wambete DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.15515
-  A review on the potential of aquaculture development in Kenya for poverty alleviation and food security.
Penina Aloo et al. DOI: 10.18697/ajfand.77.15585
Short Communication: Kamal Singh et al.
A qualitative assessment of food security in an internally displaced persons’ camp in Kenya
Commentary: Joseph Mwaniki Wambui
Quality improvement of the Kenyan horticultural produce through standards and management
Book Review: Prof. Joseph Allotey et al.
EBSCO – Data records on accessibility of AJFAND articles
- Dr. Takemore Chagomoka
- Prof. Festus Dairo
- Mrs. Malebogo Lekgoa
- Dr. Aftab Alam
- Dr. Justus Kavoi
- Mr. Pius Mathi
- Dr. Freda Asem