Volume 14 No. 6 (2014)
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
“Shall we be able to feed more than 9 billion people in 2050?”
Commentary: Kenneth Marsh
Can we redefine food safety to increase the food supply?
- Photos from World Food Prize
- Reflections on 2014 World Food Prize Mavis Owureku-Asare
We profile Mavis Owureku-Asare, a brilliant young food scientist and development conscious professional, whom I have come to know over the past 3 years and whose energy I admire. We last met at the 2014 Borlaug Dialogue and here we carry her reflections of the dialogue…comment by Ruth Oniang'o, Editor in-Chief, AJFAND.
- Most powerful women - Barbara Banke, FORTUNE
The most innovative women in food and drink - Prof. Ruth Oniang'o recognized
- Dr. Roland Holou, an AJFAND reviewer, has received prestigious recognition
- Fall 2014 issue of ICIK E-NEWS
- Excerpt of English translation of introduction
- African Leaders commit to end hunger by 2025 through investments in agriculture
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Chemical, sensory and microbiological changes of spotted grunter (Pomadasys commersonnii) under ice storage.
Adesola Osibona and MO Ezekiel
- Antimicrobial activity of Ocimum gratissimum extract on suya (an intermediate moisture meat) in Nigeria.
Olubunmi Olusola et al.
- The length-weight relationship, condition factor and reproductive biology of Pseudotolithus (p) senegalensis (valenciennes, 1833) (croakers), in Tombo western rural district of Sierra Leone.
Julius Olapade and S Tarawallie
- Effect of cassava flour processing methods and substitution level on proximate composition, sensory characteristics and overall acceptability of bread made
from wheat- cassava flour blends.
Kingsley Masamba and H Jinazali
- Effects of plant density and npk application on the growth and yield of white guinea yam (Dioscorea rotundata Poir)
in a forest zone of Nigeria.
Kola Law-Ogbomo and AU Osaigbovo
- Effect of deep-fat frying on chemical properties of edible vegetable oils used by senegalese households.
Amadou Diop et al.
- Effect of inlet-air temperature on physico-chemical and sensory properties of spray-dried soy milk.
Charles Ishiwu et al.
- Assessment of nutritional status and knowledge of students from selected secondary schools in Sokoto metropolis, Sokoto state, Nigeria.
Essien Eno et al.
- REPRINT - Celebrating a legacy, envisioning a food secure future
Participants at recent Borlaug Symposium ask “Are we on track?”
by Marcia MacNeil
- REPRINT - Aflatoxin Impacts and Potential Solutions in Agriculture, Trade, and Health
A Background Paper for the PACA Strategy Development – Stakeholder Consultation Workshop