Volume 13 No. 2 (2013)
In this issue, we have the following:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
You can never be alone when you are fighting for the poor; but so many times it feels that way
Norman Borlaug Award
For field research and application
Letter to the Editor: Emmanuel Oyediran Oyewole
Why no 'World Nutrition Day' celebration?
Letter to the Editor: Victor Temple
Response to Commentary on the Guest Editorial “Hidden Hunger: Is there a weak link” published in AJFAND Volume 12, No. 7, December 2012.
Peer Reviewed Articles:
- Growth and reproductive traits of friesian X sanga crossbred cattle in the Accra plains of Ghana.
Fredrick Obese et al.
- Nutrient contents of soyabeans: A guide for sugarcane growers under fast track land reform programme [FTLRP] in Zimbabwe.
Munashe Shoko and M Zhou
- Effect of processing method on the proximate composition, mineral content and antinutritional factors to taro (Colocasia esculenta, L.) grown in Ethiopia.
Gulelat Desse et al.
- Vegetable consumption patterns in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Regine Tchientche Kamga et al.
- Physico-chemical qualities of honey harvested from different beehive types in Zambia.
Vincent Nyau et al.
- Documentation and nutrtional profile of some selected food plants of Otwal and Ngai sub counties Oyam district, northern Uganda.
Annabel Acipa et al.
- Evaluations of cytogenotoxic and nutrient composition of three commonly consumed vegetables in south-western Nigeria.
Yekeen Taofeek et al.
- Challenges associated with the honey bee (Apis mellifera adansonii) colonies establishment in south western Nigeria.
Akinwande Kayode et al.
- Dietary values of wild and semi-wild edible plants in southern Ethiopia.
Getachew Addis et al.
- Macronutrients status of the elderly (60-80 years) from central India.
Kimaya Rajhans and R Sharma
- Effects of different substrates on the yield and nutritional value of Pleurotus tuberregium (FR.) sing.
Olumide Olufokunbi and NV Chiejina
- Towards sustainable highland banana production in Uganda: Opportunities and challenges.
- Potentials of hybrid maize varieties for small-holder farmers in Kenya: A review based on swot analysis.
Heiko Parzies, Dorcus Chepkesis et al.
- Antipyretic and antinociceptive properties of the aqueous extract and saponin from an edible vegetable: Vernonia amygdalina leaf.
Paul Adiukwu et al.
- Improvement of diabetic dyslipidemia by legumes in experimental rats.
Solomon Rotimi et al.
- Correlation between caries experience in Sudanese school children and dietary habits, according to a food frequency questionnaire and a modified 24-hr recall method.
Nazik Nurelhuda et al.
- REPRINT: World Food Day 2011