Volume 10 No 8 (2010)
In this issue, we have the following articles:
Editorial: Ruth Oniang'o
AJFAND and the 4th ANEC welcomes delegates and participants to Kenya!
Commentary: Addressing malnutrition through profesional and inter agency networking: The Uganda Action for Nutrition Society. Fungo R, Rukundo PM and JK Kikafunda
- Mineral micronutrient density characterization using energy dispersive x-ray fluorescence (xrf) analysis in four on-farm Kenyan wild African fruit tree germplasm.
Akundabweni Shadeya et al.
- Improvement of energy and nutrient density of sorghum-based complementary foods using germination.
Tizazu Shimelis et al.
- Nutritive value and in vitro gas production of fungal treated maize cobs.
- Fatty acid composition of dioscorea dumetorum (pax) varieties.
- Glucosinolates and other anti-nutritive compounds in canola meals from varieties cultivated in Egypt and Japan.
Embaby Hassan et al.
- Feasibility and economic evaluation of low-cost evaporative cooling system in fruit and vegetables storage.
- Drying characteristics and some quality attributes of rastrineobola argentea (omena) and stolephorus delicatulus (kimarawali).
Oduor-Odote Peter et al.
- Changes in microstructure, beta carotene content and in vitro bioaccessibility of orange-fleshed sweet potato roots stored under different conditions.
Muyonga John et al.
- Chemical composition, physicochemical and functional properties of lupin (lupinus albus) seeds grown in Ethiopia.
Tizazu H and Shimelis Emire
- Microbiological, proximate and heavy metal concentration in peneus sp. (shrimp) and callinectes sp. (crab) from creeks in Niger Delta, Nigeria.
Adebayo-Tayo et al.